Friday, September 28, 2007

Talking...

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post..I've been sick.

So, I've noticed lately that with parts of my family spread out over several states & two countries we keep in touch mostly by e-mail. Back in the day we used to talk on the phone all the time. Aunt Lill was famous for her long phone conversations. As I grew up, my voice started to sound more like ma's (& Aunt Lill's, and Aunt Rainie's, and the rest of the tribe). It wasn't unusual when I was a teenager for Aunt Lill to call to talk to Nort & get me instead. Most of the time we'd laugh & I'd get Nort. At least once, though, Aunt Lill and I talked for 15-20 minutes before she realized I wasn't my mom & I realized she had called to talk to her! She & I talked quite a bit too, so I thought she had just called to chit chat... I wish we all did a better job of keeping in touch now too. I'm trying to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment