Monday, October 15, 2007

Taking an Interest...

Something I learned from Aunt Lill is that one way to show people that you care about them is to take interest in them. When I became a vegetarian I met with a lot of resistance/disbelief/ anger/etc from the people around me. Aunt Lill was different. She asked a lot of questions & seemed very respectful of my decision. When I went through my Urban Cow(girl) stage in elementary school, she never teased me. She never blinked during my punk rock days. She never tried to change me even though I'm sure sometimes she must have thought I was a nut! (Which is undoubtedly true ;-) She had specific ideas about how to live & act, but never seemed to pull away from me no matter how different I was/am. I'm sure she still keeps an interested eye on me to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment